TNEA 2018 : Anna University counselling, Rank List, Call letter, Application Form, Eligibility criteria | Refund
TNEA 2018 Anna University counselling
Every year, Anna University is conducting TNEA (Tamilnadu Engineering Admissions) for the admissions of engineering courses. More than 500 engineering colleges providing seats for the candidates who would like to join in an engineering course. Anna University (TNEA) counselling conducting the engineering admission programme based on the marks obtained by the students in the 12th examination. If you are waiting to join in engineering studies at 2018, know TNEA 2018 Anna university counselling dates, eligibility, rank list, random number, seat availability in below :
TNEA 2018 Anna University counselling scheduled dates (Tentative dates)
- Notification for TNEA 2018 Anna University counselling process will be an issue in April 2018.
- Online application registration starts in the 3rd week of April 2018.
- Last of application form filling date is last week of May 2018.
- Publication of rank list date is 4th-week June 2018.
- Counselling starting date is 4th-week June 2018.
Eligibility for TNEA 2018 Anna University counselling
Candidates who would like to join engineering courses need to fulfil some eligibility criteria,
- Age of the candidates should be below 25 years from the date of applying the form.
- Candidates should score 50 %( OC) in the 12th examination and 45 %( SC/ST).
- Candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu and completed their 12th examination in the Tamilnadu can apply for TNEA Anna university counselling.
- Candidates who are not belonging to Tamil Nadu but completed their 12th examination in Tamilnadu can apply TNEA Anna University counselling with nativity certificate.
Candidates who have completed 12th examination other state but native is Tamilnadu can apply for TNEA Anna university counselling with nativity certificate.
TNEA 2018 Anna University counselling application form
- Applications for TNEA Anna university counselling will be available in online (Anna university official website or other websites too) with the cost of Rs .700 for offline mode and Rs.500 for online mode.
- Offline mode of TNEA Anna university counselling application is available in the TNEA designated nearby center (maximum provided in schools or colleges) of your location.
- In the application form, some set of rules would be provided; candidates should read the instructions before filling the application form.
After this, candidates should send their application form to Anna University, Chennai. Use the below address,
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Chennai – 600025.
TNEA 2018 Anna university counselling call letter
- Candidates who have applied for TNEA Anna university counselling will get call letter to attend the counselling. Call letter consists of the date of counselling, rank number. Candidates can download the call letter from the Anna university website by giving registration number, date of birth and name.
TNEA 2018 Anna university random number
- The random number is given to the identification of the candidate. If tie marks may obtain, candidates sort by marks, by name, then random numbers will be given to the candidates. You can get your number using the application registration number.
TNEA 2018 Anna University counselling rank list
- Rank list for TNEA Anna University is provided by the total marks of PCM (physics, chemistry, and maths). The random number is used for the rank list, in case two or more students scored the same marks.
- Percentage of maths, the percentage of physics and chemistry, the age of the candidate, the random number used to schedule the rank list. Rank list is started from the merit marks.
TNEA 2018 Anna University counselling seats allocation
- The seat allocation of TNEA Anna university is based on the communities as 31(OC), 26 (BC), 3.5 (BCM), 20MBC), 15(SC), 1(ST) Candidates.
TNEA 2018 Anna University counselling status
- Candidates can know the status of the college availability, seat remaining availability in particular colleges and Anna university counselling vacancy in the Anna university website by giving the college name, college counselling code and branch you need, these all you have to fill in the form, these will show the current status of TNEA Anna university seat availability in online.
- On the day in TNEA Anna University counselling, you have to take the original certificates of 10th and 12th mark sheets, passport size photos, identity proof with you for the verification before attending the counselling.
- Candidates should pay the initial amount 5000 INR (OC) and 1000 INR (SC/ST) as a counselling fee.
Anna University counselling refund online
The candidates who did not join the college can refund the amount from Anna University Chennai through online in the refund option in Anna university official website.
How to reach Anna University Chennai
By train : Pandian express departure time 21:45(at Dindigul) and arrival time 5:35(Chennai Egmore).or vaigai express departure time7:55(at Dindigul) and arrival time 14:40(Chennai Egmore)
By bus : Dindigul to Chennai bus facilities are high. There are many governments and private buses are available to reach Chennai. Book coach rental services like Ashok Leyland – 36 Seaters and Volvo – 45 / 49 Seaters, if you are going with your friends and families.
By air : You can reach Chennai through flight from Madurai airport only.
After reach Chennai
Egmore to Anna University Chennai
- After reach Chennai, if you are in Egmore or Meenambakkam Airport Chennai, you can use cheap and best and cheapest call taxi in Chennai to reach Anna University in Guindy, Chennai
- Or you can choose 45 B,88 L buses to reach saidapet then 129,23c,23v buses to reach Anna University, Guindy or you can reach electric train facility to reach Anna university in Guindy, Chennai.
Chennai central to Anna University Chennai
- After reach Chennai, if you are in Chennai central or Meenambakkam Airport Chennai, you can use affordable cabs service in Chennai which can reach on time to Anna University Guindy, Chennai.
- Or you can choose 19G bus to reach Gandhi mandapam then 15B, 15G buses to reach Anna University.
By train : Vaigai express departure at7:00(Madurai) and arrival at 14:40(Chennai Egmore), it takes 7 hours 40minutes.
Chennai express departure at 21:15(Madurai) and arrival at 7:20(Chennai Egmore), it takes 10 hours 5 minutes.
By bus : Bus facilities are available from Madurai to Chennai for 24 hours.
By train : Shatabdi express departure at 15:20(Coimbatore) and arrival time 22:15(Chennai central), it takes 6 hours 55 minutes.
Kovai express departure at 14:20 (Coimbatore junction) and arrival time at 21:45(Chennai central), it takes 7 hours, 25 minutes.
By air : Air India fare 1,736INR, it takes 1 hour,15 minutes or jet airways fare 1,299INR, it takes 1 hour 30 minutes.
By bus : There are many direct buses from Coimbatore to Chennai to reach Chennai or else you can prefer coach rental services.
By train : Pothigai superfast express departure at 12:00 (Tiruchirapalli junction) and arrival time at 5:55(Chennai Egmore)
Kanyakumari express departure is 12:25(Tiruchirapalli junction) and arrival time at 6:25(Chennai Egmore)
By air : Tiruchirapalli airport, jet airways fare 3,572INR, it takes 1 hour 10 minutes to reach Chennai
By bus : Trichy is one main city in Tamilnadu. It has bus facilities to major cities.
For Customized Tour Packages and Car and Coach Rental Service
**This article taken from own knowledge and variant sources