RAMADAN 2018 In India Eid-ul-Fitr EID-MUBARAK – Fasting, Things To Do
Ramadan is the month of ‘Blessings’, it comes on the ninth month of the Islamic (lunar) calendar and is observed by worldwide Muslims. The Holy Quran was revealed to the Holy Prophet (pbuh) in Ramadan as guidance and proof for all mankind in the world. The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, “When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed.
FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM:
1. SHAHADA (FAITH):
- “La llaha illal-lahu Muhammad Rasulullah”.
- “There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah”.
2. SALAH (PRAYER):
The Muslim is enjoined to perform five obligatory prayers every day to keep himself in relation with his Lord, to invoke and implore Him, and to refrain himself from committing lewdness or indecency. These prayers not only ensure psychological rest to the Muslim in this present life, but they also pave the way for him to gain eternal happiness in the hereafter. To perform prayer, one should be clean, wearing clean clothes and perform prayer in a clean place.
3. ZAKAT (CHARITY):
ALLAH ordained every Muslim who possesses a certain amount a certain amount of property to pay annually of these possessions the Zakah to the poor, or to the other categories mentioned in the Quran.
4. SAWM (FASTING):
Fast during the month of Ramadan, the ninth month of the Hijri calendar. Before the dawn of the first day of Ramadan, the Muslim intends to fast this month, and abstains every day from drinking, eating, or practicing sex till after the sun sets, He performs the fasting till the end of the month of Ramadan, fulfilling by that the commandment of Allah, and seeking His pleasure. Fasting has innumerable benefits. When man refrains himself from lusts, abstains from eating and drinking for the sake of Allah, he does this only for one purpose; this is to obey Allah, worship Him and fill his heart with God-fearing.
5. Hajj (MAKKA):
Pilgrimage (Hajj) It is a duty for a Muslim to perform pilgrimage to the House of Allah once in a lifetime, however it is permissible to him to do pilgrimage voluntarily more than once.
ABOUT RAMADAN FASTING:
- Ramadan is about breaking bad habits, not putting them on pause. The fasting is a shield. It protects a person from sin and lustful desires. During ramadan they refrain from eating, smoking, drinking and also refrain from pleasurable activities.
- Ramadan is the month that aims to purify their own soul and brings closer to Allah (SWT). Muslims praise Allah especially in this month for helping them gets through this month and asks for forgiveness for all the sins they has committed.
- Whoever fasts during ramadan with sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah’s rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven from Allah. There is a gate to Paradise called AR-Rayyan.
- On the Day of Judgement, those who observe fasting will enter Paradise from this gate. Muslims all over the world will wait eagerly for Ramadan, as it is a time of increasing their inner peace and well-being.
MENTIONED IN QURAN ABOUT FASTING:
“O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous ”
Quran, Surah Al-Baqarah (2), Ayah 183
THINGS MUST DO IN FASTING:
- Recite the Holy Quran Regularly
- Charity to poor peoples
- Goodness to all the people
- More workship to Allah
- Increase your Dua’s
THINGS DON’T DO IN FASTING:
- False talking
- Bad deeds
- Do not quarrel
- Indulge in arguments
- Don’t use bad words
Note: ALL MUSLIMS HAVE TO DO THEIR 5 COMPULSORY PRAYERS DAILY WITHOUT FAIL.
FASTING ACCORDING TO SUNNAH:
1. Take sahur (pre-dawn meal). It is sunnah and there is a great reward and blessing in taking sahur. The best time for sahur is the last half hour before dawn or the time for Fajr prayer.
2. Take iftar (break-fast) immediately after sunset. Shariah considers sunset when the disk of the sun goes below the horizon and disappears completely.
SCIENTIFIC BENEFITS OF FASTING:
The benefits of fasting apart from blessings. Science and medicine today have all but confirmed that there are numerous health benefits to fasting for a month in a year. It is a great way to cleanse the stomach and also has many health benefits for the brain.
1. Stabilizes insulin levels
2. Gives you more energy
3. Dramatically reduce the risk of chronic diseases & obesity
4. Stops sugar cravings & hunger pangs
5. Boosts growth hormone naturally
6. Lowers triglycerides & prevents Alzheimer’s
7. Reduces free radical cell damage
8. Better brain health
THE HOLY MONTH OF RAMADAN IS DIVIDED INTO 3 PARTS:
- The first ten days in Ramadan is Rahmat (meaning) “Mercy of Allah” every person or Muslim in the world must seek the mercy of Almighty Allah in these days.
- The second ten days in Ramadan is Maghfirat (meaning) “Forgiveness of Allah“ it is the time of forgiveness. These are the days of forgiveness and a Muslim must seek for the forgiveness from Almighty Allah and repent for all his sins.
- And the third ten days in Ramadan is Nijaat (meaning) “Salvation” is about seeking Refuge in Almighty Allah from Hellfire. And everyone must pray that “O Almighty Allah, save me from the fire of Hell”.
AT THE END OF RAMADAN:
The end of Ramadan is called as Eid ul Fitr, a large festival to celebrate the end of the fasting. The celebration begins as soon as the new moon is sighted in the sky. During Eid ul Fitr celebrate by putting their new clothes, and going for prayer, giving gifts, spending joyful time with their family, and having a large meal during the day. And also contribute a certain amount of charity to poor people they also celebrate the Ramadan (Eid ul Fitr).
BEST MOSQUE’S IN CHENNAI:
1. Makkah Masjid: (Valasaravakkam)
Address: 2nd Main Rd, Sri Lakshmi Nagar, Valasaravakkam, Chennai-600087
2. Triplicane Big Mosque: (Triplicane)
Address: Big Street, Police Quarters, Triplicane, Chennai-600005
3.Thousand Lights Mosque: (Mount Road)
Address: Royapettah, Peters Road, Peters Colony, Thousand Lights, Chennai-600086
4. Masjid Mamoor: (Mannady)
Address: 186/166, Angappa Naicken St, Mannady, Chennai-600001
5.The New College Mosque: (Royapettah)
Address: Peters Road, Peters Colony, Royapettah, Chennai-60001
6. Makkah Masjid and Islamic Center: (Mount Road)
Address: 822, Mount Road, Anna Salai, Chennai-600002
7. Saifee Masjid: (Mannady)
Address: 55, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin Street, Moore St, Mannady, George Town, and Chennai-600001
8. Periamet Mosque: (Periamet)
Address: No. 61, Sydenhams Road, Periamet, Chennai-600003
9. Masjid e Javed Anna Nagar Masjid: ( Anna Nagar)
Address: 39, 11th St, Block T, Anna Nagar, Chennai-600040
10. Noorul Islam Masjid and Madarasa Association: (West Tambaram)
Address: 200 feet Service Road, Old Mudichur Road, West Tambaram, Tambaram, Chennai-600045.
Feel Free to Contact Us : +91 79049 57112 | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
**This article taken from own knowledge and variant sources