Panguni Uthiram 2018- Significance, History, Vratham, Rituals |Palani Devasthanam rooms, Darshan Timings
[edsanimate_start entry_animation_type= “fadeInRight” entry_delay= “0” entry_duration= “0.5” entry_timing= “linear” exit_animation_type= “” exit_delay= “” exit_duration= “” exit_timing= “” animation_repeat= “1” keep= “yes” animate_on= “load” scroll_offset= “” custom_css_class= “”][edsanimate_end]
Panguni Uthiram date 2018 : March 31 Panguni (Tamil maasam)
Panguni Uthiram starts : 30th March 2018, 7.20AM to 31st March 2018, 6.30AM.
Panguni Uthiram 2018
Panguni Uthiram (பங்குனி உத்திரம்) is the holy festival for Hindus. This day falls on Panguni month (Palguni month in Sanskrit) is the last month of Tamil month calendar. Panguni Uthiram defined as Panguni month, Uthiram -natchathiram (star), Uthiram natchathiram coincides with the full moon on this day. Panguni Uthiram happens in full moon day of Panguni month (mid March – mid-April). Panguni Uthiram is an auspicious day because many divine marriages happened on Panguni Uthiram. Particularly, many devotees are celebrating Murugan on Panguni Uthiram. They used to go Murugan temple and take vratham during Panguni Uthiram.
Palani Panguni Uthiram celebrations date
- 24, March 2018 – Saturday- kodiyetram
- 25 March, 2018 – Sunday-velli kamadhenu vahanam(Murugan will be taken in a decorated chariot or ratham around the temple. Each day different chariot like gold,silver,elephant is called car festival or therotam)
- 26 March, 2018 – velli aatu kida vahanam
- 27 March, 2018 -Tuesday – thanga mayil vahanam
- 28 March, 2018 – Wednesday – yaanai vahanam
- 29 March, 2018 – Thursday – thirukalyanam-velli ratham
- 30 March, 2018 – Friday – therottam
- 31 March, 2018 – Saturday – thanga guthirai vahanam
- 1 April, 2018 – Sunday – vellipidari mayil vahanam
- 2 April, 2018 – Monday – Kodi irakkam
Palani darshan timings and Alangaram
- 6.40 A.M – Sanniyasi Alangaram
- 8.00 A.M – Vedan Alangaram
- 9.00 A.M – Balasubramaniar Alangaram
- 12.00 P.M – Vaitheekal Alangaram
- 5.30 P.M – Raja Alangaram
- 8.00 P.M – Puspha Alangaram
Panguni Uthiram history
- According to the Puranas, Panguni Uthiram is commemorated because it is the marriage day for god Shiva and goddesses Parvathi, god Murugan and goddess Deivanai, god Rama and goddess Sita. Panguni Uthiram also denotes the incarnation of Lord Ayyapan and goddess Lakshmi so we celebrate Panguni Uthiram as a holy festival especially in Tamilnadu.
- Panguni is also called as Kalyana vratham. In northern states, Panguni Uthiram is celebrating as Holi festival. Panguni Uthiram also celebrate in many states like Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Sabarimala Ayyapan temple,6 padai Murugan temples, Shivan temple over many states.
Significance of Panguni Uthiram
- We celebrate Panguni Uthiram to stronger the bond between men and women relationship. A person should maintain their household duties in a good way with their children. Panguni Uthiram shows the importance of family relationship in our lives. Conscious prayer at the divine coupled brings you positive things such as marriage for young girls, a strong relationship between couples.
- This holy festival prominently celebrates the marriage ceremony of god and goddess so by attending the prayer, unmarried young person can get good life partner for them.
Rituals and Panguni Uthiram vratham (fasting)
- On Panguni Uthiram day, rituals observed by the devotees started from early morning. Devotees waked in morning, get a bath then make pooja for the chief deity of Lord Murugan in the home as well as Lord Shiva and Parvathi by lighting lamp in front of the idol. Devotees decorate the idol with flowers and present Panguni special recipe.
- And devotees go to the Lord Murugan temple and Lord Shiva in Panguni Uthiram day to get the prosperity of god for the goodness of their life.
- Devotees carry over Panguni Uthiram vratham also. Devotees said their wish to the god and take fasting on that day. They won’t eat for the whole day if it is not possible means they would eat fruits and milk.
- Some devotees take vratham for 10 days until Panguni Uthiram finish they won’t eat non vegetarian and tie one cloth in hand stuffed with turmeric tuber (மஞ்சள் கிழங்கு). On 10th day they will go to their family god’s (குல தெய்வம்) temple make poojas for the god and serve chakra Pongal as prasadham.
Prominent Palani Panguni Uthiram 2018
- Panguni Uthiram is very famous in Palani hill Murugan temple. Palani is situated in the district of Dindigul, Tamilnadu. Celebrations have been started 10 days before. It is a 10 days celebration in Palani. Devotees take a long walk covering too long distance from their home to Palani hill which is called as “Palani paathayathirai” (பழனி பாதயாத்திரை).
- Devotees also take kaavadi (காவடி) with rose water, flowers for the abhisekham of Lord Murugan and milk pot. Kaavadi is a bearing bamboo pole carry on their two shoulders; this kaavadi has a story behind to take.
- Idumban (இடும்பன்) who was the student of agasthiyar (அகஸ்தியர்), he went to bring two hills Sivagiri and Shakthigiri. He took the two hills in his shoulders like kaavadi. Then lord Murugan appeared as king told Idumban to put down the hill on the shelter of the tree to take rest for sometime after that, Idumban tried to take the hill but he could not take the hill so asked help of one small boy. Murugan has appeared as a small boy, but that small boy refused to take the hill so both fought with each other finally Idumban defeated by small boy. Then he realized that small boy was Murugan.
- So it is believed that the devotees who carry kaavadi to Palani hill for the darshan of Murugan temple, their wish will be fulfilled by Lord Murugan.
- Another devotion to Lord Murugan is needle piercing in the body to show the hike of devotion to Lord Murugan to get the vision of Lord Murugan to satisfy their needs.
- Another special thing in Palani temple is the Lord Murugan shrine face towards the direction of Kerala state. So Lord Murugan has devotees from vast areas from Kerala, even Andhra, Singapore peoples also came to Palani hill temple. Every day on Panguni Uthiram celebrations, Therotam (தேரோட்டம்) will happen, Lord Murugan would be taken in a decorated chariot come around the temple to the darshan of the devotees.
Facilities in Palani Murugan temple
- Palani Murugan temple is held in the hill. Devotees would take the steps as a path to reach the temple. But before few years, Palani temple was facilitated by rope car and winch to reach the hill temple. It reduces the strain of the devotees and useful for the aged persons.
Palani rope car timings : 07:00 AM To 12:30 PM and 01.30 PM To 05:00 PM
Palani winch timings : 07:00 AM To 12:30 PM and 01.30 PM To 05:00 PM
Palani Devasthanam rooms (hotels in Palani)
- Palani temple accommodation is available for the devotees. Palani Devasthanam has constructed single, double, deluxe bedrooms with all facilities by collecting reasonable rent from the devotees.
- Dhandapani Nilayam (phone 04545-242325). Tariff: A/C: Rs 500 | 1st Class Delux: Rs 200 | 1st Class: Rs 150 | Economy rooms: Rs 60
- Karthikeyan Viduthi is also run by Devasthanam and it is equipped with 78 Rooms. The tariff ranges from Rs 60 to Rs 120 depending upon the festive seasons. Palani Devasthanam online booking also available
Panguni Uthiram recipe
- Panchamirtham is popular in Palani lord Murugan temple; this is the known fact, but AKKARAVADISAL also the special recipe in Panguni Uthiram festival. AKKARAVADISAL is nothing but a sweet Pongal/chakara Pongal. It is made by rice, jaggery and ghee then given to the Lord Murugan and Lord Ranganathar because this AKKARAVADISAL is special recipe will prepare in all Vishnu temple on Panguni Uthiram day. Because lord Ranganathar married goddess Ranganayaki in Panguni Uthiram day so this dish prepared and serves to the devotees as prasadham.
How to reach Palani hill temple
Chennai to Palani
- By flight, Chennai airport to Coimbatore airport, it takes 1 hour to reach then cab to reach Palani or By road, book bus or car to reach Palani if you are going with friends and families or by train Chennai Egmore to Palani station, it takes 9 hours 15 minutes to reach.
- We are providing special offer for car,bus rental and spiritual tour packages services with 10% offer upto INR 2500.
Coimbatore to Palani
- Take cab or bus to reach Palani from Coimbatore by road. Coimbatore 109km away from Palani, take the train from Coimbatore to Tiruppur then take the cab to reach Palani. There is no direct train and flight from Coimbatore to Palani.
Kerala to Palani
- By flight, Kochi to Coimbatore airport takes 35 minutes to reach then go by cab to Palani. By train, Ernakulam to palakkad then palakkad to Palani junction takes 6 to 10 hour to reach. Many direct buses from Ernakulam to Palani take 5 hours to reach.
Singapore to Palani
- By flight, you start your journey from Singapore(SIN) airport to Coimbatore(CJB),it takes 4hour 15 minutes then take cab to reach Palani Murugan temple, it take 2hour 21 min and covers 112 km distance to reach. By train you can reach till Tiruppur then take cab to reach Palani.
- By flight, you can reach Chennai, it takes 4hour to reach then take Chennai to Palani junction after that prefer cab to reach Palani. Or else you can take direct route of Chennai to Palani bus and car rental.
- By flight, you can reach Trichy airport (TRZ) in 4 hour 5 minutes. Then take train from Trichy to Dindigul then Dindigul to Palani way. It takes 3 hour to reach.
Malaysia to Palani
- By flight, reach Coimbatore from kuala lumpur(KUL) airport, it takes 7 hour then take follow the Coimbatore to Palani route as above.
- By flight, reach Chennai airport (maa) from kuala umpur, it takes 4 hour then take Chennai to Palani cab and bus rental service to reach Palani or else follow Chennai to Palani train route.
- By flight, reach Trichy airport, it takes 3 hour 45 minutes to reach then take Trichy ->Dindigul train after that book cab to reach Palani or take train to reach Palani junction then take cab facility.
Book your bus rental services to temple with exclusive offer upto Rs.2500 for car, bus, spiritual tour packages. We are the best in service provider of car and bus rental from past decade.
**This article taken from own knowledge and variant sources