International women’s day 2018- History, colour, theme, programs in Chennai, celebrations and gift ideas
International women’s day 2018 (IWD)
International women’s day is celebrating in many countries to commemorate women’s significance towards world. Women as a mother, sister, wife, friend, colleague delivers incredible talent, love and affection without any expectations. It is our response to celebrate women’s dignity and help her nurture the power. Women have the ability to handle any critical situation in a smoother way as they doing now in political, social, technical domains and women have a huge responsibility in the growth of the country. Still, women get suffering in many regions by infanticide, gender partiality, dowry, domination in working places. To crumble these barriers, we have to support and protect our women to achieve fabulous things which they have been done and want yet to achieve in future.
International women’s day 2018 : March 08, Thursday
2018 International women’s day History
- The history of international women’s day was going behind on 1909. On 1908, a strike by garments women workers in New York demanded women’s rights. In honour of the women’s strike, March 08 will be designated as international women’s day.
- Who started international women’s day? Clara zetkin who was the active person in a social democratic party of Germany and advocate for women rights proposed March 08 as international women’s day, and then Socialist party of America declared March 08 as international women’s day. From that day, all the countries are celebrating women’s day.
2018 international women’s day colour
- Purple and green are the colour of women’s day. Women who know these often wore purple and green to represent the women’s rights and equality in women’s day.
Why do we celebrate women’s day on 8 March?
- Women have more power than men in all aspects but the credit going to women are not that much enough for her. Nowadays, women’s priority and participation have increased much better in economic, political, technical domains even though women struggle to come forward to achieve more things. We should give hand to women to come up by supporting women activities through women organizations, campaigns and social media.
- To raise the awareness of women’s importance towards our life by making rallies, protest, events. We have a responsibility to showcase the women’s significance in our lives to the next generation and she is bearing more barriers as mother, homemaker as well as a responsible employer so encourage her to strengthen her life, it will encourage our life towards goodness.
2018 international women’s Day theme
- Every year, international women’s day has a theme to celebrate women. The last year 2017, women’s day theme is “Women in the Changing World of Work”. In 2018 international women’s day theme is #pressforprogress.
- What is press for progress? It calls to action or press to action theme to take forward action for gender parity. Gender equality is still alive in our world even though women achieved a lot as equal as men. A campaign also created by international women.com to gather supporters for gender parity.
- #Pressforprogress ideas are creating a campaign, conducting, and start publishing awareness of supporting women through social media, event, and speech programs to celebrate women’s growth.
How do we celebrating 2018 international women’s days?
- International women’s day is celebrating many ways of conducting events, women’s promotional activities, banner, women promotional campaigns, women’s day speech, and TV programs. Women’s day united all organizations, networks, charities together to this day by one motive on protection and rights for women.
2018 international women’s day programs in Chennai
1. “Women’s Day eve 2k18” on 10th March 2018 – Saturday night event
5:00P.M to 10:00P.M
Cost : INR.999 per head
Offer : Come as 10 and get 11th ticket free and come as 5 gets. 50% off on 6th ticket! Whatsapp 8939900744 for further details.
Venue : FAZARI MULTI CUISINE RESTAURANT, CLC WORKS ROAD, NEW COLONY, CHROMEPET, CHENNAI, INDIA
Book here https://www.townscript.com/e/womens-day-eve-2k18-043343/booking
2. Kauvery hospital Women’s Wellness Carnival 7th & 8th March 2018
9:30 P.M to 10:00 P.M (7th and 8th March 2018)
Cost : INR.999 per head and 50% discount on mammogram and investigation
For Registration : +91 9380051360
3. 2018 women’s day party in Chennai
Thu, 8 Mar 8:00 PM – Fri, 9 March 1:00 AM
Zone By The Park Chennai, 430, Viduthalai Nagar, Outer Ring Road, Kovilambakkam, Near Kamakshi Hospital, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600117
4. Free workshop for international women’s day celebration
Thu, 8 Mar 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
James Dance Company, South Chennai
5. Women’s Day Sale at Shruseternity
Sun, 4 Mar 10:00 AM
Old No:9, New No 19,1st Floor, Sona House, Lynwood Avenue, Mahalingapuram, Kodambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600034 Shruseternity, central Chennai.
6. Women’s Day Special Food Session
Thu, 8 Mar 5:30 PM
Offer Price : 888/- To Register : 8056007361 / 9865740609
Foodology 3, 2nd Main Rd Kasturibai Nagar, Adyar Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600020 India
7. Midtown Shopping Fest (Women’s Day Special)
Sat, 10 Mar 11:00 AM
Inquiries : 9790834612 / 9790508866
Rajalakshmi Hall 177/1, Mbj Towers, Poonamallee Road, Kilpauk Chennai India 600010
8. Spiritual yoga event
Thu, 8 Mar 9:45 AM
Body N Soul Yoga Studio Body & Soul Yoga Studio, 105, 3rd Main Road, Lakshman Rd, CBI Colony, Perungudi Chennai India 600096
9. Celebrating Women Power
Thu, 8 Mar 5:00 PM
DCKAP DCKAP, L76A, L Block, 21st Street, Anna Nagar East, Near Chinthamani, Chennai – 600 102
10. Women’s Dream Carnival – Book Your Stalls Now
Exhibition Cum Sale – March 10 Clothing, Jewellery, Handmade Products, Home Decor, Accessories, Organic products, Kalamkari Products, Art and crafts, All Products are welcome.
Sat, 10 Mar 10:00AM to 6:00P.M
Whatsapp : 89392 25704 Register : http://goo.gl/hGxoDT
Dreamflower Montessori No. 6, 4th Main Road, Kamaraj Nagar East Avenue, Thiruvanmiyur Chennai India 600041
International women’s day special things
2018 international women’s day quotes in English
- A woman’s guess is much more accurate than a man’s certainty
- Feminism is an entire world view or gestalt, not just a laundry list of women’s issues
- Empowering women is not a just right thing to do it is the smart thing to do
- A woman is one who walks in her own footsteps rather than rather than direction shown by the crowd.
- The best way to change the society and the underlying issues is to channelize the power of a woman in every walk of life.
2018 international women’s day gift ideas and women’s day greetings card
Women’s Day Gift for Wonderful Mother
2018 women’s day gift ideas for employees
Rs.300 for 3 pens
2018 women’s day gift ideas for wife and girlfriend
Women are the spirit of our nation. Save them and stop exploitation.
Celebrate International women’s day by make a trip with our customized tour packages and affordable car and bus rental services.
Feel Free to Contact Us : +91 79049 57112 | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
**This article taken from own knowledge and variant sources