Mother’s day 2018 – Events in Chennai, Gifts ideas, Greetings, History, Cabs in Chennai | Specials
Mother’s day is celebrated in several countries to contribute and honour mother and motherhood. Mother is the only person who can do anything for us with love, more than anyone in the world. To tribute all mothers in the world, that day is celebrating as mother’s day. Usually, mother’s day celebration is coming on second Sunday of May month in India. It is celebrating in different dates over 40 countries.
Mother’s day 2018 in India – 13th may, Sunday
Mother’s day events in Chennai 2018
1. If you are in BESANT NAGAR, URRUR KUPPAM,you can participate in this event.
- Running – Rs.350
- Cycling – Rs.450
- Sunday 13th may,2018.
- Address: Elliots Beach 56, Elliots Promenade, Tiruvalluvar Nagar, Besant Nagar, Elliots Beach, Besant Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600090, India.
**Book our cabs in Chennai with summer offer for car rental with your mom to get comfortable journey**
2. If you are in Anna nagar west, anna nagar east, konnur,you can participate in this event.
Mommy & Me Play Date- Celebrating Mother’s Day
- Sat, 12 May 10:00AM – 12:00PM
- Age Criteria: For Children Below 3 Years
- Address: Arise ‘n’ Shine International Preschool – Anna Nagar East , West Chennai
- Free of cost.
3. If you are in periyamedu, vepery, choolai, Egmore,you can participate in this event.
“LOVE U MOM CONCERT”going to held on 13th MAY’18 @ Chennai.
- Rs.150 per head.
- Name: Priya
- Contact: 9121008809
- Events: AV of your mom, Selfie with your mom, Dance with your Child, singing with your child, cooking without fire for your mom, Interchange dress with your child
- Address: Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Sydenhams Road, Kannappar Thidal, Periyamet Kannappar Thidal, Periyamet Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600003 India.
4. If you are in kolathur, nungambakam, koyambedu,you can participate in this event.
MOMMATHON 2018 – MOTHERS DAY MARATHON
- Address : Tower Park No 106,Second Avenue,Anna Nagar,Mcdonalds Nearby, Anna Nagar, Vasanth Colony, W Block, Anna Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600040, India
- GOLD PASS – T.Shirt , Certificate, Medal, Refreshment and Bib will be provided – Rs.500
- SILVER PASS – Certificate, Medal, Refreshment and Bib will be provided – Rs.300
- INCLUDES – Finisher medal,T-shirt,certificate
5. If you are in adyar, besant nagar, urrurpakam, you can participate in this event.
Mother’s Day (Adults) – If Mom Can Cook, So Can You!
Thai cooking class. An expert chef will teach you signature Thai dishes and tasty recipes to try at home. 4-course menu – Thai cuisine
- Date & Time : 14 May, 2017 11:00 AM- 14 May, 2017 1:30 PM
- Address : LocalXO New no. 12, Old no. 15, 8th cross street, Shastri Nagar, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600020, Chennai
- Contact: 09841177748
Unique Mother’s day gift ideas/mother’s day gifts/mother’s day presents/mother’s day greetings cards
2018 Mother’s day bouquet for mom
Bouquet with white carnation flowers are the best gift of mother’s day and it’s consider as the symbol of mother’s day also. You can choose these beautiful bouquet upto Rs.500
2018 Mother’s day Greeting cards for mom
Greeting cards is the simple and best way of express love to your mom; you can gift beautiful greeting cards with stunning quotes in it. You can even read those quotes for your mom to make her happier with bunch of flowers. You can go through the following greeting cards from Rs.80 to Rs.350.
2018 Mother’s day photo frame for mom
You can present photo frame to remember the memories of the splendid time with your mom. You can frame the lovely photos and can set in your mom’s room. You can choose these photo frames from Rs. 400 to R.500.
2018 Mother’s day accessories for mom
You can present useful accessories to your mom like handbags of different colours and new models then jewellery box. These things are very useful to your mom too. You can prefer these items to present at your mom from Rs. 250 to Rs.1200.
2018 mother’s day jewellery for mom
Jewels are the most liking thing for women so you can gift her with jewels like earrings, necklace, bangles, anklet etc. You can choose from these items from Rs. 200 to Rs.30, 000
2018 mother’s day saree for mom
History of mother day
- Mother’s day has been celebrating over thousand years. The earliest celebration of mother’s day in Greek is as the festival of maternal goddess and celebrating Cybele, a mother goddess, in ancient Romans.
- Anna Jarvis is the founder of mother’s day because Anna Jarvis, an activist, writer, and poet who held a memorial for her mother, Ann Reeves Jarvis at St Andrew’s Methodist Church in Grafton, West Virginia in 1908, this Church now holds the honour of International Mother’s Day Shrine.
- Anna Jarvis who cared for wounded soldiers on both sides of the American Civil War and She started Mother’s Day Work Clubs to mark the public health problems.
- Anna Jarvis wanted to honour her mother and also motherhood by continuing the work. She proposed mother’s day as a worldwide celebration to tribute all mothers and that day want to be considered as a holiday, but her proposal was neglected by the U.S Congress, then by 1911, mother’s day had been started to celebrate over many countries, in few counties mother’s day is considered as local holiday.
Mother’s days special
- On mother’s day, we all should give gifts, greetings to our mom to make them happy. Mother’s day is the chance to represent our love towards our mom to thank for her unconditional love and support.
- Mother’s day special is a white carnation flower which is the symbol of pure love, affection, greatness and luck; it is also the symbol mother’s day. And lilies are the flower of mother’s day.
- That why flowers bouquet is giving to mom to denote the love and caring. So present a bunch of white and pink mixed flower bouquet to your beloved mother first. Then give mother’s day gifts.
Book our cab with exclusive offer to visit temple and your mom’s favourite place with your beloved mom!!!
**This article taken from own knowledge and variant sources