International Yoga Day 2018 – Significance,Theme, Simple Yogasanas
- It is 4th international yoga day, this year international yoga day theme is “yoga for peace”.
- June 21, 2018, is international yoga day – international yoga day date Yoga makes our mind stable and healthier, not only mind; yoga just makes our entire body good. That’s why yoga is ascetic discipline for the human for well-being life human body. Yoga can recognize your strength, control, sense with yourself.
- Yoga defines the unity of our body and consciousness, yoga practiced as worldwide, people following yoga practice daily and this day (21 June 2018) is celebrating as international yoga day.
- Yoga is being followed as a spiritual practice because the uniting power of yoga is considered to be the spiritual source, which is controlling the mind, body, consciousness.
- Narendra Modi had promoted the international yoga day in 2014 and declared June 21 is international yoga day by the United Nations.
- Yoga would be celebrated as conducting Yoga training programmes, camps, retreats, seminars, workshops organized by yoga, spiritual groups
Significance of yoga:
- Exercises can build the body exercises but yoga can develop the mental strength.
- Attainment of perfect equilibrium and harmony
- Increases self-awareness and self- healing
- Removes negative thoughts from the mind
- Remove toxins from the body
- Enhances self-analyzing and personal power
- Enhance your attention, concentration
- Reduces stress and tension in the physical body by activating the parasympathetic nervous system
- Yoga postures or ‘asanas’ methods that aim to keep the body healthy. Breathing exercises or and meditation used to discipline the mind.
Simple Yoga exercises you can do daily:
Stand straight and upward your hand by facing your palms each other, the weight will be managed equally on the foot and arms of the side.
Open 2 to 4 feet leg on one side and bring your arms up then straight your hand, arms, relax your shoulders stay for one minute and repeat for few times.
Bring your right foot to the inside of your left ankle, keeping your toes on the floor for balance then, move your foot to the inside of your left calf, bring your hands like prayer position. Slowly do breathe in and breathe out.
Lie on the floor with knees bent then Place arms at sides, palms down. Exhale, then press feet into floor as you lifts hips, holds for few minutes.
Extend arms out to sides, then bend over your right leg, stand and Allow your right hand to touch the floor then extend the fingertips of your left hand toward the ceiling.
**This article taken from own knowledge and variant sources