Easter 2018 – Celebration Dates & Events in Chennai | Fasting | Things to do
Easter is the holy festival for Christians celebrate all over the world. Easter is the Resurrection of Jesus after the crucifixion by the Romans in Calvary (the place where Jesus dead). Jesus born after death this day is celebrating as Easter day from Ash Wednesday to Easter day which is traditionally held on full moon day. Christians keep lent (fasting) for 41 days by give up food which defines Jesus spent in the wild land without food.
Easter festivals have been started 41 days before till Easter day. This year 2018, Easter day celebration would come on March 30 to April 2.
- March 30- Good Friday, A days before Easter day, emerged during the 11th century.
- March 31- Easter Saturday
- April 1-Easter day, the main day of Easter, resurrection of Jesus
- April 2 –Easter Monday
- The date of the Easter day will be changing for every year and every time zone because the full moon day is varied for different time zone. Easter is also called as Pascha which means Pascha full moon day.
- Christians celebrate Easter on a Sunday as it was the day Jesus rose from the dead, following being crucified on a Friday two days before. Some countries Easter before Friday is considered as a black day, people will wear black days.
- Centuries ago in 325, it was determined by a council of Christian bishops that Easter Day would always be on a Sunday to commemorate the happy occasion.
- In this Easter day, chocolates are the special serve to the friends and families, Easter eggs are decorated in different colours. Bunnies (rabbit) are the symbol of Easter.
- Churches are decorated and start celebration by prayers, asking forgiveness for sins, sharing chocolates with the friends and families.
Easter celebration in velakanni
- Special mass and prayers was held in Shrine Velankanni church at Nagapattinam on April 2, Easter Sunday 2018. Prayers were happened from 10.45 P.M to 1.45 P.M. Easter celebrations also famous for Santhome basilica church Chennai, poondi matha church.
Upcoming Easter celebration event in Chennai
1. Easter Carnival 2018, Activities for children
April 7 @ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Time: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Age: 2-12 years old
Plot No. 33A, Classic Retreat
Sholinganallur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600119India
2. Experience the hope of new life
Friday – 6th April – 7:30 pm
Saturday – 7th April – 7:30 pm
Sunday – April 8 – 6:30 pm
Sponsored by potter’s house church Velachery
Landmark: Neama restaurant
We are arranging cab facilities for churches and Easter events in Chennai. Book our cabs with 10% offer upto Rs.500
**This article taken from own knowledge and variant sources